วันเสาร์ที่ 28 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Donating Preemie Clothes

I know that after the birth of a preemie, you may have already spent months in the NeoNatal oppressive Care Unit (Nicu) and you are tired. You want nothing more than to just get back to real life and enjoy this high-priced tiny one that you have anguished over for months. But, can you give just a tiny bit more?

When we were in the Nicu for nearly 3 months with our tiny Ava, we noticed that there were many parents who could barely afford to come and visit their tiny ones, let alone try to dress them. By far the greater whole of infants in the Nicu belonged to families of lower earnings brackets. We were told that they often ended up in the Nicu, because no ifs ands or buts good prenatal care was a luxury rather than a necessity.

Donate For Children

My heart went out to these families. I couldn't even fantasize not being able to be with your child 24/7 because hanging on to your job in order to keep a roof over your head or food on the table had to take precedence.

There was one house that stands out in my mind during our Nicu stay. This house was in for even longer than we were, and we rarely ever saw them. When we did, they were every bit as loving with their tiny girl as we were. It wasn't that they did not want to be with her, it was that they could not. In order to see their child they took a long bus ride, which was only something that time afforded them to do on the weekend and maybe only one day. I couldn't fantasize how painful it must have been to stay away for such long periods of time.

But, as I said before, just being able to visit their tiny one in the Nicu was a luxury, dressing their child was something they could only dream of. Can you fantasize that? Here, in the land of over abundance? Should a parent have to forgo the very easy please of being able to dress their child? Isn't that a basic instinct to provide for your child?

I wanted to help, and we did at the time. It wasn't a lot, but the joy it brought the house was great indeed, and that in turn gave us much happiness.

Since our sense with Ava, I have opened a store that supplies clothing and accessories for preemies in the Nicu. Not to long ago, I had one lady buy a whole whole of things. The quantity was rather large and varied. I opinion she had had manifold births, but straight through some correspondence we had, I found out she was buying for numerous other babies in the Nicu as well as for her own tiny girl. I opinion this was so amazing! What a lovely gift to be able to share with others like that.

So, I got to thinking. Not every person can afford to dress every person else's children, even if they wanted to. But, could you be in a position to donate the extra preemie clothing that you are now done using to other families. I have no doubt in my mind the great joy that would come to not only you, but the families who receive your clothes.

So please, if you would like to share what you can, please email me a avababys@hotmail.com or stop by my website and go to, "Donating Preemie Clothes". Something so easy can bring so much happiness.

Donating Preemie Clothes

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น